Mods and addons

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
clumsyzombie

Mods and addons

Post by clumsyzombie »

It would be cool if we had away to pre stage addons and mods for the games where they can be installed via a single click by the users. Like a mods and addon staging area. Where we can put the mod / addon and then tell it where it should be installed or unzipped if the users click it.

Like http://oxidemod.org/ for sure is a zip file that if they click a install _____ mod then it would just unzip in the in the %ServerWD%

because the is all you have to do that would be awesome and or give us the option to point to the latest file and it downloads and then ask if they want to install it.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Mods and addons

Post by Masher »

You should be able to do something like with the extra tool feature.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

So what has to happen is that I need to be able to download zip file from
https://dl.bintray.com/oxidemod/builds/Oxide-Rust.zip
Then have the system unzip it and then copy it into the %ServerWD% folder and over ride any files it conflict with.

Want to do all this with a push of a button. Something like available mods and then in available modes have a oxide button where normal users logged in that has admin over there set servers can install the mod.

What I see under extra is just something that is if the server shutdowns or restarts nothing like the above.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yes, the extra tool is what you want.

You'll need to create a script that does this for you. Then point the extra tool at the script.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

Hummm ok Dose it add a button to the users side? I might need to test this.

What kind of script do you suggest like just a bat script
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The extra button will show for users. They can then select the option they want and click a button.

You can use anything you want, bat, java, php,etc.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

If I wanted to do this on php would I just put the php script in the web server you have with the EzUGCC to then have it do a call to the php script. Was thinking about putting it in a set folder like a 1 time download and unzip and then users can just execute like a copy to the parent folder and thats all.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

We don't ship php with EzUGCC. You'd have to install it. Then the extra tool will have to run php and speccify the script to run and arguments for the script in the command line arguments.

http://php.net/manual/en/features.commandline.php
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I threw together a quick example that should work and give you a starting point to other mods. Read the install.txt.

http://redirect.brainless.us/UGCC/Extras/Oxide.zip

Enjoy!
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

Masher wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 10:45 am I threw together a quick example that should work and give you a starting point to other mods. Read the install.txt.

http://redirect.brainless.us/UGCC/Extras/Oxide.zip

Enjoy!
Holly crap man thank you so much that is crazy.

So should I move off EZUGCC or is it OK to run that with 4 or 5 game servers?
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

ok so it dosen't matter where i place it I can call it in your control panel anywhere Man that is awesome. I am getting this now
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

I can say I just not tested this and it works flawlessly it is the best deal since sliced bread man i love it. Direction were easy to follow and well it is so awesome. Tumps up 100%