Graceful Server Shutdown for the Source/GoldenSrc Engine

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Geferon

Graceful Server Shutdown for the Source/GoldenSrc Engine

Post by Geferon »

Currently according to the documentation the only games that have the Graceful server shutdown are ARK: Survival Evolved, Minecraft, Rust and 7 Days to Die, but also Source and Golden Source dedicated servers can really have this option too.

I am requesting this feature because specifically some Garry's Mods gamemodes use the server shutdown Lua hook to save data, as well as other operations. I'd like to request this as this would also probably be an easy thing to use, as this can be accomplished with RCon and with the command "quit" (there are others, but only "quit" and "killserver" do work, but the safest is "quit").
And for warnings or advertisements in game that could be accomplished with a simple "say" command, but i'd recommend an option of letting users choose what command with what they're called (as variables and such), as pretty much modifications as Lua addons for GMod or SourceMod plugins can add custom commands that can make this process easier and make highly customized server shutdown messages.

Thanks for everything!
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Graceful Server Shutdown for the Source/GoldenSrc Engine

Post by Masher »

I'll add gmod to the graceful shutdown list. As for being able to specify custom commands to use instead of say/quit will come at a later time.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Geferon

Re: Graceful Server Shutdown for the Source/GoldenSrc Engine

Post by Geferon »

Masher wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:17 pm I'll add gmod to the graceful shutdown list. As for being able to specify custom commands to use instead of say/quit will come at a later time.
Thanks a lot!