Server - Options Page

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
r4z0r

Server - Options Page

Post by r4z0r »

Hi :)

I am currently using the options tab in the Server Edit page to pre-start the Redis Db Server, used by my Atlas server:

'Run command before server start +*' "C:\ARKFTP\Games\ATLASserver\AtlasTools\RedisDatabase\redis-server.exe "

'Command line arguments +*' ./redis.conf

This works perfectly, but is there a way to shut down Redis when I stop the server, or could this be added?

Cheers,

r4z0r
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Server - Options Page

Post by Masher »

Create an entirely separate server for the redis server. Then make the atlas server a dependent of it, and set the Dependencies follow server option. You may have to experiment with what is a dependency of a what.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
r4z0r

Post by r4z0r »

I've done that and it works great. Thank you.

It would be good to have a simple server option as I described (where general server / update / port configuration is not required), for the pre-executed task to be killed when the server is stopped. 'Nice to have' if you get time.

Cheers,

r4z0r
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

That is exactly what the dependencies option was added for. If you don't configure the update, query, etc settings; it's exactly what you requested.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!