Rcon shutdown with "Restart server on crash and/or." enabled

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
guillotine

Rcon shutdown with "Restart server on crash and/or." enabled

Post by guillotine »

Everytime i use the rcon to execute the minecraft commands : "save-all", and then "stop". the Monitor thinks that the server has crashed, and will restart it.
I think a great feature that would apply to other game servers, not just minecraft would be that the Monitor can tell when we have shutdown the server using the rcon.
On minecraft the map will not save if i shut down the server with out executing the "save-all" command which is the reason i do it through rcon.

Or to keep it simpler, just add the option to execute sertain rcon commands before stopping the server.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Rcon shutdown with "Restart server on crash and/or." ena

Post by Masher »

Or to keep it simpler, just add the option to execute sertain rcon commands before stopping the server.
I'll probably implement this.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
guillotine

Post by guillotine »

Another feature that might be useful is to separate the 'restart server on crash", and "start server at system start up"
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Does issuing an rcon stop also cause the server to do a save-all or do you have to do a save-all before issuing stop?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
guillotine

Post by guillotine »

you have to do a save-all before stopping the server.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I've been researching this. Doing a stop through rcon does cause the world to save before the server shuts down. In fact graceful shutdowns have been implemented in the panel and will be available in the next update.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Graceful minecraft shutdown has been implemented in 1.46. viewtopic.php?t=638
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!