Stop Servers When UGCC Monitor Stopped

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
PAL-18

Stop Servers When UGCC Monitor Stopped

Post by PAL-18 »

When i stop UGCC Monitor (in Linux or Windows), all the game servers remain up. This is annoying (especially in linux) because i then have to kill them all before starting up UGCC Monitor again. I usually just end up rebooting the box because its easier then getting typing out the pids of each server to kill them.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Stop Servers When UGCC Monitor Stopped

Post by Masher »

The monitor is working as it should.

Stopping the monitor should leave the game servers up.
Starting the monitor again will not restart the game servers. It should see them still as running.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

Not for me, on windows or linux monitor sees them as being down.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Stop the monitor on your linux and windows box, and then start it back up. Then post your ugccmon.log file. I'd like to see the log for both your windows and linux setups.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

It's started doing it again on both my linux and windows servers. The log file is the same for both so ill just post the linux:
2/9/2012 5:55:16 PM Server id 5 is not running--restarting.
2/9/2012 5:55:46 PM No pid file found for server 5
2/9/2012 5:55:46 PM Attempting to start id: 5...FAIL: No pid file found for server
2/9/2012 5:56:02 PM Server id 5 is not running--restarting.
2/9/2012 5:56:08 PM Attempting to start id: 5...SUCCESS
2/9/2012 5:56:23 PM Server id 5 is not running--restarting.
2/9/2012 5:56:24 PM Attempting to start id: 5...SUCCESS
2/9/2012 5:56:39 PM Server id 5 is not running--restarting.
2/9/2012 5:56:54 PM Attempting to start id: 5...SUCCESS
2/9/2012 5:57:09 PM Server id 5 is not running--restarting.
2/9/2012 5:57:11 PM Attempting to start id: 5...SUCCESS
2/9/2012 5:57:26 PM Server id 5 is not running--restarting.
It keeps repeating that over and over again. Oddly, the server is up and running and i can connect to it fine, but UGCC reports it as being down and the pid file exists in the server directory.

Basically what happened that started all this is the server froze and then UGCC restarted it. But it seems that UGCC "forgot" the pid so it thinks its offline, either that or when it was restarted from the crash the new pid wasnt written to the pid file.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You don't need to use the pid file option for Windows. I'd look at the game/app section.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=149

Double check your executable settings and command line.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

Masher wrote:You don't need to use the pid file option for Windows. I'd look at the game/app section.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=149

Double check your executable settings and command line.
I know, i dont use pid for the windows server, but the same thing happens there. That log i posted is for the linux server that uses pid.

Executable settings are valid because when i reboot the box and start the monitor, everything starts properly again (until a server has a random freeze that causes all this to happen again).
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I just find it odd that you're the only one having this problem......
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!