Query for number of players

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
crazygamer

Query for number of players

Post by crazygamer »

Hi Masher.

I thought a nice feature would be to have a spot to put the max number of slots that are allowed for a particular server, and if a query shows more than the allowed amount, then email the owner and also the UGCC admin that they have exceeded the maximum allowed player slots for their server.

In other words, if they are paying for a 20 slot server, but they change it to something bigger, say 21, send them an email, and perhaps even stop their server until it's resolved.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Query for number of players

Post by Masher »

Good idea, will look into adding it.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

Read my mind.
Thought of this last night too.

Have it so max slots can be entered.
Default value is 0.
If max slots = 0, then do nothing.
Elseif total slots queried from server > max slots then stop server.

Once customer lowers the total slots to equal or less, the server will no longer shut down.

I know other control panels have this, but I think they compare the max players in the command line to the max slots the host has saved for the server.
Issue with this is that a game like dayz, they store the max slot in a config file and it's not in the command line.

A random query compared to the saved max would work in all cases except servers that can't be queried.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I've implemented this and it will be in the next update. Just need to test and ensure it works.

Thanks!
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!