Active Development?

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
Expression93

Active Development?

Post by Expression93 »

I have advocated for UGCC for several years in many projects I've been involved with, but I only believe it is prudent to consider I have a team of people who would work with the panel and have access to it (not to mention of course, help pay for the license), so I wanted to check if UGCC is still in active development?

I appreciate that - as I understand - it is a one man team, but I feel there is some big things missing from the panel, and based on past experience, have been missing (but I believe a work in progress) for quite some time. Most notably is the ability to auto-install game servers.
Additionally it would be nice if it were possible, somehow, to configure backups of game servers, my key example is my Minecraft server, previously I run it manually with a batch file that allow me to do a 7zip compressed backup before the server started, as I can't do this in runtime due to files being locked, the backup takes time to run (so this rules out having a separate pseudo-server as well as using the command before launch option).
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Active Development?

Post by Masher »

The panel is still under active development. I haven't had the time to really sit down and work on some of the more complicated features.

Server backups would be simple using the API. Check out the uget tool and API docs. http://www.brainless.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=244

But setup a scheduled task/cron job
Use API to stop server, run your 7z backup, then start the server back up.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Expression93

Re: Active Development?

Post by Expression93 »

Masher wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:53 pm The panel is still under active development. I haven't had the time to really sit down and work on some of the more complicated features.
Thank you for answering, I believe that just having this assurance will help me go a long way with regards to purchasing.
Masher wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:53 pmServer backups would be simple using the API. Check out the uget tool and API docs. http://www.brainless.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=244

But setup a scheduled task/cron job
Use API to stop server, run your 7z backup, then start the server back up.
Perfect solution, can't believe I never considered/did not look for an API. This, using the uget tool, worked exactly as intended. Thank you.