Protect your SV_DownloadURL Setting

Masher
Site Admin

Protect your SV_DownloadURL Setting

Post by Masher »

I've just started a new, free service that will help you protect your sv_downloadurl settings. Why? Other admins can easily find out what your sv_downloadurl server is and use it for their own game servers with out your permissions or even knowledge. It does happen, it's happened more than once to me.

It's pretty simple. After signing up and entering the information for your fast download server, and entering the ip addresses of the game servers allowed to use it; we'll give you a unique URL to use for all of your game servers' sv_downloadurl setting.

When a client connects to your game server, we'll check to see if that player is accessing a gameserver allowed to use the fast download server and redirect them to the approriate place. If the server isn't allowed, they'll get a nice 404 error message and won't be redirected.

Again it's free, and we plan on adding some new neat features to it in the future as well. If you have any questions or problems; please let me know.

http://protect.brainless.us
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!