Setting up a demo account allows you to give potential customers the ability to look through the control panel. To setup a demo account:
- Add a non-admin account.
- Assign the user to a server as either an owner or through groups permissions
- Using the SQL Tool type in the box INSERT INTO config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('demouser','AccountNameGoesHere')
- Click ok
- You can check to make sure it worked by logging in with the demo account and trying to change the password--you shouldn't be able to.
- Never setup a demo account with admin access.
- Only one demo user account can be specified as a demo account.
- There is an executable in the tools folder named output.exe you can use to demonstrate how the update and extra tool works. The executable simply echos the text given in the commandline.
Demo users cannot:
- Change command line arguments
- Change user notes
- View Support/Contact Info
- Change the password for their account
- Create or modify support tickets
- View the news
Demo users can:
- Start/stop the server (if allowed)
- File tool (I'd recommend not setting up the filetool for publicaly advertised demo accounts)
- Everything else