Monitor FAQ

Masher
Site Admin

Monitor FAQ

Post by Masher »

Q: Why don't my servers restart immediately when they crash or when I close them in task manager?
A: This is the expected behavior. The monitor checks on the status of game server every X seconds. X is configurable and the value is set in the UGCCMon.cfg configuration file typically found in C:\Windows\System32 as the [Interval] setting. Lowering this setting will allow the monitor to restart crashed servers quicker at the expense of a little extra load on the system.

Q: I loaded a map that I know locks up the game server. It doesn't crash the server process but causes the server to stop responding to game queries (ie It no longer shows up in your favorites, or HLSW doesn't see the server). And it takes a really long time for the panel to restart the server. How do I shorten the amount of time?
A: Within the panel, in the menu go to Admin Menu->UGCC Config->Global Configuration page. Open the Monitoring tab. The 'No response restart count' setting found here is a primary factor in how long it takes to restart non-responsive game servers. The total time it takes is 'No response restart count' * Monitor's Interval (see above question). If the monitor's interval setting is 1 minute and your 'No response restart count' setting is 4, it'll take a little over 4 minutes for the panel to consider the game server as being dead (1 minute * 4 count = 4 minutes). To shorten this you can lower the 'No response restart count' (anything 2 or higher is OK when using a higher interval (30+ seconds), but we don't recommend anything below 3 when using a lower interval (<30 seconds) and/or you can shorten the monitor's interval (see above question).
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!