Extraneous files on FastDL are not being deleted

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
tgp1994

Extraneous files on FastDL are not being deleted

Post by tgp1994 »

It seems like files on the FastDL/redirect server aren't being removed. One example is a map sitting on my FastDL server - I deleted it from my game server awhile ago, but SourceRSC is not reflecting the change, even though [RedirectCleaner] is set to delete.

P.S. What's new in version 2.0?
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Extraneous files on FastDL are not being deleted

Post by Masher »

what game are you using it for?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

Garry's Mod.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yeah the cleaner is disabled for gmod regardless of setting in ini. Change log is available in news section.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

Any chance of it being enabled again? And thanks!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Afraid not due to the way gmod virtualizes it's custom content.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

Sorry, I don't think I quite understand what you mean - are you talking about how the clients put downloaded content into a special download folder?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

No.

For example, if you have an /addons/someoneaddon/sound on the server, on the redirect is gets put into /sound. They call it virtualizing (I didn't name it that); google it...

Because of that we can't reliably use the cleaner; there's no way to map folders on the redirect to the game server if they've been virtualized.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

This sounds like the problem of "getting down the tree the same way you got up". For example, I'm assuming that you already search all of the folders that can be virtualized, and compress the content, right? So what would be wrong about removing a file if it can't be found in a virtualized (or normal) folder?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

No it doesn't work that way, and it's not an easy thing to add.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!