RedirectPath doesn't exist

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
pvtgrif

RedirectPath doesn't exist

Post by pvtgrif »

Hey, I'm running into an odd error where it's saying RedirectPath doesn't exist. After reading the other thread on it, it seems it's not reading the ini somehow.

SourceRSC path: C:\gameservers\SourceRSC\SourceRSC.exe
INI File path: C:\gameservers\Servers\prophunt\fastdl.ini
Command line used: sourcersc /ini:c:\gameservers\servers\prophunt\fastdl.ini (from the SourceRSC folder)

I am using a elevated command prompt on Windows Server 2008 R2 (which is a 64-bit OS) so it shouldn't have any access issues.

Here is my fastdl.ini (edited out any credentials):

Code: Select all

//Tell SourceRSC what mod it's working with (CSGO, CSS, HL2DM, DODS, TF2, L4D, GMOD) 
//If using a custom RSC file for a mod, enter the name of the RSC file minus the .rsc 
[GameMod] 
gmod 

//Gameserver query mode (FTP or Local) 
[GSQryMode] 
local 

//Redirect query mode (FTP or Local) 
[RedirQryMode] 
ftp 

//Enter the path to the gamemod if querying gameserver via local mode 
[ServerPath] 
C:\gameservers\servers\prophunt 

//Enter the root path to the redirect if querying redirect via local mode 
[RedirectPath] 
c:\gameservers\sourcersc\redirect 

//If querying game server via FTP, where should SourceRSC save compressed downloaded files to 
//Leaving this as-is is fine. 
[CompressPath] 
c:\temp\bzd 

//Delete the CompressPath folder when done 
[RmCPath] 
True 

//Don't process the addons folder of game server.  Set to False for Garry's Mod(True/False) 
[SkipAddons] 
False 

//Skipmisc:  Automatically skip the logs, downloads, replay, svn related folders, and other misc folders on game server--speeds things up a bit (especially when using ftp) (True/False) 
[SkipMisc] 
True 

//-----The following ftp server info is used to connect to the Gameserver----- 
//This section is only needed if querying gameserver via FTP 
//FQDN or IP of your FTP Server 
[FTPSrvr] 

//FTP Server Port (Def 21) 
[FTPPort] 

//FTP Username 
[FTPUser] 
me 

//FTP Password 
[FTPPass] 
mepass 

//The root folder of your game mod, must be prefixed with /  ie. /cstrike.  Leave blank for root 
[FTPPath] 
/cstrike 

//Use passive mode?  Try toggling this if you are having problems connecting to the server (True/False) 
[FTPPasv] 
True 

//-----The following ftp server info is used to connect to the Redirect----- 
//This section is only needed if querying redirect via ftp 
//Redirect:  FQDN or IP of your FTP Server 
//Looking for a good deal on a redirect--checkout www.urldownload.com--prices start at $5/mo 
[Redir-FTPSrvr] 
notmyip.notasite.no

//Redirect:  FTP Server Port (Def 21) 
[Redir-FTPPort] 

//Redirect:  FTP Username 
[Redir-FTPUser] 
notmyactualuser 

//Redirect:  FTP Password 
[Redir-FTPPass] 

//The root folder of your redirect, must be prefixed with /  ie. /redir.  Leave blank for root 
[Redir-FTPPath] 
/gmod 

//Redirect:  Use passive mode?  Try toggling this if you are having problems connecting to the server (True/False) 
[Redir-FTPPasv] 
True 

//Redirect:  Automatically upload new compressed files to the redirect? (True/False) 
//If set to false you'll need to manually upload the files in [CompressPath] path to your redirect. 
[Redir-Upload] 
True 

//Redirect:  Create Redir-FTPPath if it doesn't exist 
[Redir-CreateFtpPath] 
True 

//Debug:  Be very verbose? (True/False) 
[Debug] 
False 

//Autoupdate:  Automatically check for updated basefiles(True/False) 
[AutoUpdate] 
True 

//Delete files on the redirect that aren't on the server? (Off, Report, or Delete) 
//You should probably keep this off for Garry's Mod 
//Off==feature disabled 
//report==will report files on the redirect that aren't on the game server 
//delete==same as report but will automatically delete them (ensure everything is working correctly before setting to this) 
[RedirectCleaner] 
Off 
Masher
Site Admin

Re: RedirectPath doesn't exist

Post by Masher »

Just tested on my dev machine and it worked fine with the /ini: commandline option. I can't reproduce this issue.

Only thing I can think of is UAC is virtualizing the path. If you look/search in C:\Users\<yourprofile>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore do you find the fastdl.ini?

Was this all working with the free version?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
pvtgrif

Post by pvtgrif »

I don't even have UAC enabled on my server, and there's no VirtualStore folder to be found. I've not tried it yet with the free version, let me do that right now.

Just tried with the free version. First tried with the path to my ini as above, then copied it to my SourceRSC folder keeping the name, and then renamed it as sourcersc.ini. All produced the same results.

http://puu.sh/6JMfH.png

Could it have anything to do with there being spaces after every line in the ini file? For some reason when I used a batch script to copy the file with the specified values for the server it added a space after each line.

Edit: That just happened to be it. I've fixed my batch creation script to fix it.

On another note, the gmod.rsc file is out of date and missing about 400 files from the base install. Heres a copy of the .rsc that gets generated when I use /rscgen: http://puu.sh/6JNoi.rsc
pvtgrif

Post by pvtgrif »

I just noticed it doing something odd:
http://puu.sh/6JNZV.png

Uploading to /gmod/garrysmodterrortown/materials/VGUI/ttt (this is using the default gmod.rsc and not the one I generated with rscgen)

Which the issue was I set the base server to \prophunt instead of \prophunt\garrysmod. This also fixed the base file missing 400 some files haha. Anyway, it's all working now afaik.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

What is your serverpath setting? If it's a gmod server, it should end in garrysmod. I.e

E:\servers\gmod\garrysmod
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
pvtgrif

Post by pvtgrif »

Masher wrote:What is your serverpath setting? If it's a gmod server, it should end in garrysmod. I.e

E:\servers\gmod\garrysmod
Yeah, I figured that out (as my edit said.) Forgot that part of SourceRSC. It now works like an automated charm :D