Avoid bzipping files bigger than X MB?

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
Pcsl

Avoid bzipping files bigger than X MB?

Post by Pcsl »

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this great tool. It's as simple as useful. However I have a problem related with CS:GO (but that's probably related with other source games too). Some months ago they added a "feature" that prevented users to decompress files bigger than 150MB, so admins shouldn't pack files bigger than that size because if they do, the player will have to download first the bzip file (and it will fail to unzip) and then the file decompressed if it's available (usually bsp).

That's why I want to request you add an option to not compress files bigger than 150MB (this should be configurable so it can be useful for other admins) and instead compressing these files, the software should just copy the file to the fastdl.

Do you think you can add this?

Thanks!
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Avoid bzipping files bigger than X MB?

Post by Masher »

Valve, never ceases to amaze me. I'll implement this soon. Defeats the whole purpose of fast downloads.

Thanks!
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Pcsl

Re: Avoid bzipping files bigger than X MB?

Post by Pcsl »

Thank you very much!

I just realized that maybe it would be also a good idea to add a choice to copy an unzipped version of the files to the fastdl because for some reason some users have problems downloading some or all bzipped files. So if it's not a big deal, maybe you can add it too.