Any Chance of SFTP Support?

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
golono

Any Chance of SFTP Support?

Post by golono »

First of all, I'd like to thank the creators of this incredibly helpful tool. It really does save quite a bit of time for those who want to compress their server files and save bandwidth and time. I just recently found out about it while working on a Garry's Mod folder. I was excited by to implement it immediately but was disappointed when I realized that it only seems to support standard FTP. Traditional FTP is considered to be a very dangerous method of transferring files to and from a server because of the fact that the username and password are sent across the internet in plain text so any man in the middle could obtain the credentials and gain access to the web server.

I'd be very interested in seeing support come along for SFTP come along. Also, a simple tutorial for setting up SourceRSC on Linux would be nice. It took me a little while to get it setup, prior to realizing that it only uses FTP.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Any Chance of SFTP Support?

Post by Masher »

I don't have any plans to be honest. I'll look around. In the mean time you could setup an ssh tunnel to the server, that should secure all your ftp traffic.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!