Ignoring Directories

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
QwertyAccess

Ignoring Directories

Post by QwertyAccess »

I'm curious if there is/will be a way to ignore directories while using CSRSC? I have a folder on the server that constantly grows/changes due to the nature of the mod I'm using. CSRSC has problems whenever it attempts to pass over that folder when synchronizing. Otherwise the program works great. It would be great if the same rules could apply when it is scanning files on the redirect server.

kinda like addons\* in the rsc file.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

CSRSC doesn't have the functionality to exclude directories at the moment.

What is the mod? If all the files have the same file extension I can add them to the exception list within CSRSC.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
QwertyAccess

Post by QwertyAccess »

.vmf
.lua

.dll would be a great addition as well if thats not already in the exception list.
Thank You,
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

CSRSC already skips .dlls, I'll add the .lua extension to the internal exception list, .vmfs I'm not familar with--any ideas if this is a file that the client downloads via fastdownloads?

Is the mod you are running garrysmod?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
QwertyAccess

Post by QwertyAccess »

Thanks for updating it,

On another note, These extensions arent causing any problems yet, but if you ever update it in the future some other extensions to consider may be.

.smx SourceMod compiled plugin
.sp sourcemod source
.h sourcemod source
.inc sourcemod source
other sourcemod extensions i've noticed them using
.pdb
.dat
.ini
.sql
.so
(maybe make the ignore extensions not hard coded?)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'll keep those in mind...thanks!
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
fluid

Post by fluid »

one problem i have with this...this can really make some sensitive files available via a simple http request.

some of the config files for some mods have things in them like, mysql passwords and database servers, etc...

in particuliar, im wondering what this will do with sourcemod...since i have it configured to use mysql.

it would be a good idea to leave out things like the "configs" directory, or ini files, or cfg files, the problem with that is that there doesnt seem to be any standard file naming scheme for configuration files...

other than that, this thing is fantastic. i love it...now if the mono installer would work on debian woody ...id be able to get away from this super-slow ftp method of dealing with things :(
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

If any file ends in .cfg or .ini csrsc disregards it.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
fluid

Post by fluid »

Masher wrote:If any file ends in .cfg or .ini csrsc disregards it.
excellent...

i still havent been able to get mono to work on debian woody using the mono binary x86 installer.

here is a woody official mono package...but when i try using that i get errors saying that some mscorsomething.dll is missing. id really love to be able to get this working on the server without having to use ftp ...
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

have you tried building it from source? It's pretty painless.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
jzservices

Re: Ignoring Directories

Post by jzservices »

Linux Only, you can do the same with windows with different code but I dont bother with that

I have tons of scripts built.... one of my modifications was because of the workshop for csgo... since Masher was kind enough to fix the bug I will post one of my more useful scripts.

This is my csgo example... I have multiple start scripts so I have multiple bash scripts to launch the source rsc tool

Create a file in your SourceRSC folder called: pattern_folders.sh

insert the following text

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
PATTERN=$1
FILE=/css/tools/csgo.rsc #location of the file you want to append the new data
if ! grep -q $PATTERN $FILE;
 then
     echo $PATTERN >> $FILE; #appends to file doesn't overwrite
fi
save the file

now run a command in the sourcersc directory to mark the file as executable

chmod +x pattern_folders.sh

now edit the linux-sourcersc.sh file and add the following lines before mono SourceRSC.exe

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
cd /css/gamename/csgo #location of the source main directory as we will use the find command to go off of here
find maps/workshop -type f -exec /css/tools/./pattern_folders.sh {} \; #location of the directory we are excluding - #location of the pattern file

cd /css/tools/ #switching back to the directory where sourcersc is located to execute with the mono command
make sure that file is executable too by using again

chmod +x linux-sourcersc.sh

add as many lines as you would like to include the folders you would like to exclude the example above will add everything recursive from /css/gamename/csgo/maps/workshop

anything that can be found with command can be piped into the script above... it will check to see if the line exists and append the file if not

be sure the files all exist, I have no error checking or anything it just works when setup right

edit added comments in the code to help with future modifications