Gmod support?

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
NoOne

Gmod support?

Post by NoOne »

Hi

Please could I have a bit more of a walk through on making the rsc file .. we are running a gmod server with a custom mod.

Thanks for any help in advance

Paul
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Gmod support?

Post by Masher »

Gmod is fully supported, you don't need to create a basefile for it anymore unless you really want to.

From the documentaiton:

Code: Select all

To run rscgen just simply run SourceRSC with the /rscgen commandline switch.

RSCGen will allow you to create RSC files to use with your own source game mods.  Just run it, tell it where your mod is, and what name to give to the .rsc file.  Then copy the .rsc file to your csrsc program path.  In your SourceRSC.ini set the game mod to the name of the .rsc file you just created (minus the file extension, .rsc).  

Important note:  Be sure your game mod is clean and you haven't added any custom content, if you do this and redistribute the .rsc file, SourceRSC could miss custom content on other servers!
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

ok i must be a noob ... i dont understand where the command line switcher is ?

I have told it that is gmod

I Have changed the info so it will log onto the gameserver it runs...

Phase one ...

Phase Two ..

Phase Three

The requested mane is valid and was found in the datadase, but it dose not have the correct associted data being resolved for
No connection to redirect ftp , retrying

is this the .res on my connection ?

Thanks again
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You need to run it from the command line or a batch file with that /rscgen switch.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

sorry to be compleatly retarded but i am still lost ... is the error def the rsc ?

thx
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

Hi

Found what i was doing wrong !!

I Needed to add a / on the ridirect

thank you for still supporting this tho !!

Fantastic !!

Paul