7z process not terminated if SourceRSC is

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
tgp1994

7z process not terminated if SourceRSC is

Post by tgp1994 »

Just wanted to report a bug,

If sourceRSC is terminated while it's in the middle of compressing a file, it does not take the 7z program down with it.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: 7z process not terminated if SourceRSC is

Post by Masher »

Not a bug. In normal operation sourceRSC starts 7z and waits for it to close before continuing. It's normal fot 7z to run until it's finished with whatever it's doing if you end sourcersc while it's waiting for 7z to complete something.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

Well, otherwise, SourceRSC crashes if you try to run it again, so I suppose there's a bug either way...
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Would be helpful if you provided output of the tool when it crashes....
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

Sorry about that, here's a screenshot. Basically I'll start it, close it once compression has started, then start the program again.

I mean, if you feel that the compression program should keep running if SourceRSC is closed, I don't really know how you want to go about this. Maybe keep checking the file until it's no longer in use?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

7z is still running from when you closed the program the 1st time....it's still compressing the file. You should either kill 7z yourself or let 7z finish whatever it's doing before re-starting sourcersc.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!