Uploading unnecessary files

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
tympanix

Uploading unnecessary files

Post by tympanix »

Hi there! :)

When i run SoruceRSC to upload the cache to my redirect, expression 2 models and textures are updates aswell (every time). As the folder 'expression 2' is the only folder with space in it's name, i wonder if that is causing the problems. Is this a bug? Is there af fix? Can i only upload the cache somehow? Thanks in advance :)
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Uploading unnecessary files

Post by Masher »

No, folders with spaces are handled correctly.

The problem is usually once the addons are virtualized, two addons use the same subfolder (commanly VGUI). One addon use all caps, for the subfolder, and another addon uses all lower or mixed case. To sourcersc VGUI does not equal vgui. And depending on the OS your redirect is on, it may not be the same either.

I suggest you figure out what subfolder is causing the problem, then change the case to be the same as what's on the redirect.

Hope that helps.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
tympanix

Post by tympanix »

I've tested for lowercase and uppercase. The folders are identical. The folders that keeps getting uploaded to the redirect (even though they exists on the redirect) are:

materials/models/expression 2/
models/expression 2/

You mentioned: no folders with spaces are handled correcty. Would this cause the problem here? :)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

What addons are those from? I'd like to test locally.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
tympanix

Post by tympanix »

The addon is a model extension pack for wiremod called 'wire model pack 1'.

I downloaded it using wiremods SVN guide: (http://www.wiremod.com/forum/installati ... guide.html)
You won't find the the SVN on the page, as 'wire model pack 1' is now included in 'wiremod'. The new version though, incledes the same folder named 'wiremod 2' :P

Wiremod SVN: https://wiremod.svn.sourceforge.net/svn ... runk/wire/
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

What is the full path of the files it continually uploads?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
tympanix

Post by tympanix »

The paths in the addons folder are:

garrysmod\addons\wire model pack 1\materials\expression 2
garrysmod\addons\wire model pack 1\models\expression 2
garrysmod\addons\wire model pack 1\materials\models\expression 2

So the paths relative to garrysmod folder are:

materials\expression 2
models\expression 2
materials\models\expression 2