Uploading files that are already uploaded

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
tgp1994

Uploading files that are already uploaded

Post by tgp1994 »

I'm having an issue with SourceRSC where it will upload the same 335 files everytime I run the program. Nothing has changed in between each run, but it insists on uploading these same files. The file types range from vmt and vtf files, to model files including vtx, phy, and mdl formats to name a few. They appear to exist in my gamemode's content folder. Is there any rhyme or reason why SourceRSC is doing this?
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Uploading files that are already uploaded

Post by Masher »

It's usually because addons/gamemodes have the same directory name, but in different case.

Ie., one path is
addon/whatever/vtf

and another is
addon/whatever2/VTF

SourceRSC does case sensitive compares thus VTF and vtf are considered different folders. You can enable verbose in the .ini and determine try to figure out the path difference then rename the folder to match the same case. You should also contact the mod author to fix the case of the folder structure.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

Ohh, so this essentially comes down to NTFS not supporting files/folders with different capitalization in the same folder, right?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

No, windows does support different files/folders. Infact path/file names on windows aren't case sensitive, but on linux they are; hence why we can't blindly ignore case sensitivity in SourceRSC.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

Masher wrote:No, windows does support different files/folders (with different capitalization?).
If you were referring to the italicized, then that would make it casesensitive.
Masher wrote:Infact path/file names on windows aren't case sensitive
That would make it caseinsensitive.

So were you agreeing or disagreeing with my previous post? :P
Masher wrote:but on linux they are; hence why we can't blindly ignore case sensitivity in SourceRSC.
I thought you were primarily developing this for windows anyways, so what's the concern for?

Nevermind, I found the shell script :)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

It has been one of those days.......

Yes sorry, you were right in your first post; miss-read your post.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
tgp1994

Post by tgp1994 »

Masher wrote:It has been one of those days.......

Yes sorry, you were right in your first post; miss-read your post.
Oh, that's alright Masher :) We all have those days.

Thanks for helping me understand this as well, SourceRSC is working great now that I've deleted/renamed the offending files/folders.