Multiple Servers Update

Area for all other Brainless tools.
grandma

Multiple Servers Update

Post by grandma »

Hi, I have been occasionally looking on your protection service for about a year now, seeing if you've added the multiple servers thing yet.

Ideally I'd like to be able to have one account with you, have multiple servers on that account that ask to be redirected AND also have multiple locations (all mirrors of each other) to distribute load (not balance, just stupid distribute), so that when someone comes to ask for a file, it will point them at one location, then the next, then the next, etc, before going back to the first one

Are you still working on this feature or planning on releasing it?
There seems to be nothing else out there that does so still!
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Servers Update

Post by Masher »

I've been meaning to add it, simply haven't had the time and the protector doesn't seem to get used as much I thought it would. I will add the functionality you're describing in the next few weeks.

Also, right now in it's current state, it does support multiple game servers, just not multiple redirect/fastdownload servers.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
grandma

Post by grandma »

I guess I should have put this request in a lot earlier then ^_^

As a side note, I found it rather difficult to find the service earlier when I was looking for it.

I knew it was brainless and by you, I knew it was a download url protector, but it still took me 10mins to find it.

I think if you changed it so it indluces words like fastmap fast map redirect load distribute multiple counter strike etc
and it was advertised better off your initial brainless homepage it'd be far easier to find and you'd get more using it.
I've asked others before if they've seen about this and no-one I've ever asked has. I think it may just be people can't find it to know about it.

If it works with the features you say in a fortnight, I'll put up something about it on our site too, but I think it may just be a case of advertising, it's a great and unique idea but just hard to find!
grandma

Post by grandma »

Any update on this Masher?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I've started on it, but simply haven't had much time to devote to the project. I'm in the process of purchasing a new home, once the dust from that settles I plan to implement the features.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!