Illegal Characters In Path

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
Uke

Illegal Characters In Path

Post by Uke »

I'm having issues with uploading certain files to my CS:S FastDL. While the error message says "Illegal Characters In Path", the error itself seems to be specific to the file and not the path/name as other files in the folder (maps) are uploading fine, whereas certain maps will not regardless of what their filename is.

Log:

Code: Select all

SourceRSC Version 1.90 By Masher
www.brainless.us
Ini:  sourcersc.ini
Gameserver query mode:  Local
Redirect query mode:  FTP
Gameserver path:  C:\Gameservers\CSS\cstrike
Compress path:  .\bzd
Game Mod:  CSS
Platform:  Windows

-----Phase One-----Basefile
Contacting URLDownload.com for updated basefiles....local file is current.
Entries in basefile:  10335

-----Phase Two-----Gameserver
Querying local gameserver files
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Files found on server:  10602

Determining custom/extra files....
Total extra files:  45

-----Phase Three-----Redirect
Connected to FTP Server
Please be patient, this process may take awhile

-----Phase Three Part 2-----Redir Cleaner
All files on redirect found in game server

-----Phase Four-----Compression
Processing #1/7::Compressing ba_jail_electric_large.bsp....OK..CopyingUnhandled Error:  Illegal characters in path.
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(String[] str)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
   at CSRSC_Sharp.win32.createFolder(String folder) in G:\Code\VS2005\CSRSC-Sharp\win32.cs:line 163
   at CSRSC_Sharp.CSRSCapp.Main() in G:\Code\VS2005\CSRSC-Sharp\app.cs:line 830
   at CSRSC_Sharp.CSRSC.Main(String[] args) in G:\Code\VS2005\CSRSC-Sharp\CSRSC.cs:line 19
Press enter to continue
.ini:

Code: Select all

//Tell csrsc what mod it's working with (CSS, HL2DM, DODS, TF2, L4D)
//If using a custom RSC file for a mod, enter the name of the RSC file minus the .rsc
[GameMod]
CSS

//Gameserver query mode (FTP or Local)
[GSQryMode]
local

//Redirect query mode (FTP or Local)
[RedirQryMode]
FTP

//Enter the path to the gamemod if querying gameserver via local mode
[ServerPath]
C:\Gameservers\CSS\cstrike

//Enter the root path to the redirect if querying redirect via local mode
[RedirectPath]

//If querying game server via FTP, where should CSRSC save compressed downloaded files to
//Leaving this as-is is fine.
[CompressPath]
.\bzd

//Delete the CompressPath folder when done
[RmCPath]
False

//-----The following ftp server info is used to connect to the Gameserver-----
//This section is only needed if querying gameserver via FTP
//FQDN or IP of your FTP Server
[FTPSrvr]

//FTP Server Port (Def 21)
[FTPPort]

//FTP Username
[FTPUser]
me

//FTP Password
[FTPPass]
mepass

//The root folder of your game mod, must be prefixed with /  ie. /cstrike.  Leave blank for root
[FTPPath]
/cstrike

//Use passive mode?  Try toggling this if you are having problems connecting to the server (True/False)
[FTPPasv]
True

//Skipmisc:  Automatically skip the logs, downloads, and addonds folder on the game server--speeds things up a bit (True/False)
[FTPSkipMisc]
True

//-----The following ftp server info is used to connect to the Redirect-----
//This section is only needed if querying redirect via ftp
//Redirect:  FQDN or IP of your FTP Server
//Looking for a good deal on a redirect--checkout www.urldownload.com--prices start at $5/mo
[Redir-FTPSrvr]
ftp.fncgaming.com

//Redirect:  FTP Server Port (Def 21)
[Redir-FTPPort]

//Redirect:  FTP Username
[Redir-FTPUser]
-snip-

//Redirect:  FTP Password
[Redir-FTPPass]
-snip-

//The root folder of your redirect, must be prefixed with /  ie. /redir.  Leave blank for root
[Redir-FTPPath]
/cs

//Redirect:  Use passive mode?  Try toggling this if you are having problems connecting to the server (True/False)
[Redir-FTPPasv]
True

//Redirect:  Automatically upload new compressed files to the redirect? (True/False)
[Redir-Upload]
True

//Debug:  Be very verbose? (True/False)
[Debug]
False

//Autoupdate:  Automatically check for updated basefiles(True/False)
[AutoUpdate]
True

//Delete files on the redirect that aren't on the server? (Off, Report, or Delete)
//Off==feature disabled
//report==will report files on the redirect that aren't on the game server
//delete==same as report but will automatically delete them (ensure everything is working correctly before setting to this)
[RedirectCleaner]
Delete

Don't process the addons folder of game server when using local mode.  USE [ftpskipmisc] if using ftp.  (True/False)
[SkipAddons]
True
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Illegal Characters In Path

Post by Masher »

Try setting compress path with an absolute path, and let me know if that works any better.

ie. c:\temp\bzd
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Uke

Post by Uke »

Thanks, that fixed it. Also fixed the long path error I was getting when I was trying to sync some sound files.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Ok, I'll have to look into why the relative path is no longer working. Thanks!
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!