time out on uploads

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
markjclark

time out on uploads

Post by markjclark »

Not sure if this is new or not but i have a new user and made account and he nor i can upload files over 4 mb with integrated upload system. it times out every time on both my servers.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: time out on uploads

Post by Masher »

The web servers timeout period is probably being hit before the file can be uploaded. I'd recommend that they use an FTP client.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
markjclark

Post by markjclark »

No i have a very fast upload on server and home other programs i have use do not time out at all.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You'll need to provide more details.

Is the file tool accessing files on the localhost, or a remote node/monitor? If you time it, does it timeout after a consistent amount of time?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
markjclark

Post by markjclark »

I have a php file upload tool on the same server local and an asp based tool for uploads they work fine no timeouts. Yes this is only on local i dont bother with remote right now.
And no the timeouts vary with file size or times vary.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Hmm, can you look in eventviewer and post any error messages from asp.net?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
markjclark

Post by markjclark »

Sorry missed your last post i looked at logs and no error at all just quits.
The connection was reset

Crome, firefox or ie same thing. Small files no problem at all.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

It's the webserver. The amount of time the server waits for execution to finish is being hit before the file finishes uploading, thus it halts execution and gives you a timeout. That's why it works fine with small files.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
markjclark

Post by markjclark »

very odd not sure where i would edit this since the other asp upload works fine.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Are you using EzUGCC?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
markjclark

Post by markjclark »

Yes i am on windows server 2008
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

EzUGCC uses it's own web server, probably why your other stuff is working fine.

Try adding the following into your web.config in between the <system.web></system.web> tags. Tweak the executionTimeout setting. Default is 90 secs (1.5 mins). Maybe try 5 mins (300).

Code: Select all

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="90" maxRequestLength="4096" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false" minFreeThreads="8" minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4" appRequestQueueLimit="100" />

Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!