Upgrading EzUGCC from 1.70 or 1.71 to 1.72

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Masher
Site Admin

Upgrading EzUGCC from 1.70 or 1.71 to 1.72

Post by Masher »

This issue only affects users who did a new, fresh install with EzUGCC 1.70 or 1.71. If you installed from a previous version you should not be affected. If you upgraded from a previous version to 1.70 or 1.71 you should not be affected.

With EzUGCC 1.70 and 1.71 we introduced a major flaw in the install script. The configuration template that we used for new installs was pointing to the wrong database location. This location was getting overwritten with a blank database during an upgrade. We apologize for this oversight, we truly feel bad for the trouble this has caused some of you.

We have updated the EzUGCC installer to help prevent this problem from occurring again. If you upgrade, and all your servers and users disappear; you've been affected by this bug. If you're affected by the bug, the following procedure will ensure you will be able to recover your database and update your configuration so that the database is in the right location and won't be overwritten during future updates.

If you're unsure if this affects you, at least follow the instructions until the upgrade. If you're able to login and all your servers re-appear--you're all set and don't need to bother with the rest of the procedure.

Feel free to contact me if you need assistance.
  • First backup all of the .db3 files in the EzUGCC folder and DB folder. You may need to stop the services. Start-->run-->type cmd, press enter. Then run 'net stop ugcc-www' and 'net stop ugccmon'.
  • Download the latest EzUGCC and perform the upgrade
  • Log back into the panel. If it doesn't take your password, try the default admin/admin.
  • If your server list is blank and you had to log in with the default username/password, you've been affected with this bug.
  • Open the web.config file in C:\Program Files\EzUGCC\UGCCPanel, and find the line that reads:

Code: Select all

<add key="sqlitelocation" value="C:\Program Files\EzUGCC\db"/>
  • Remove the '\db' so that it reads

Code: Select all

<add key="sqlitelocation" value="C:\Program Files\EzUGCC"/>
  • Save the .config file
  • The .db3 file you backed up that was in the C:\Program Files\EzUGCC\db folder, needs to be restored into the C:\Program Files\EzUGCC folder.
  • Restart the services (net start ugcc-www and net start ugccmon)
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Frozen

Re: Upgrading EzUGCC from 1.70 or 1.71 to 1.72

Post by Frozen »

Hello

Just a question:

How's the situation if we already lost everything? If there is a new update, will I lose everything AGAIN?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You will not lose everything again if you perform the procedure above. Stop the services, move the .db3 from the db folder up a folder (into the ezugcc folder), then edit your web.config as detailed above. Restart your services and you should be good to go. Do a backup in the future just in case.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

I just noticed that my other installation is suffering from this bug too. Only problem is, its using MySQL as the backend. How do i apply the fix?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

It does not affect MySQL. Might be something with your configs.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

Oops; i see what happened.

Somehow the upgrade rewrote my configs to use sqlite instead of mysql.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Did you not click the 'upgrade' button? It's not supposed to overwrite configs if doing an upgrade.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

I dont remember exactly, but i think i clicked install instead of upgrade. The buttons are so close to each other :S