More Files?

Redirect Server Checker for the Unreal Engine (UT, 2k3-4, XMP, etc.)
doutommy

More Files?

Post by doutommy »

I am recovering files lost from a redirect. We are talking about more than 100,000 files.

I am using RSC to extract the files as it seems to do the best job of all utilities I have tried.

However, the problem is that as I approach the 300 file mark, RSC errors out. I get an error about a bad file name, although that is not the case. If I reduce the number of files then I can continue on.

So, basically I am wondering if there is a reasonable solution to this? Would some change or compatibility mode trick deal with this or is it a program limitation? Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I am grateful that something exists that will do this for me. I am just trying to speed the process up a bit. The process is slow so it would be nice to be able to give the app a few thousand files and then walk away.

TIA for any guidance!

Tommy
Masher
Site Admin

Re: More Files?

Post by Masher »

Can you provide the exact error message?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
doutommy

Re: More Files?

Post by doutommy »

The error box opens immediately without anything being processed and reads:

Some funky character I don't know, looks chinese, followed by: \unreal tournament\uz to decompress\11 does not exist. Please verify that the correct file name was given.

In that path, 11 is the name of the folder I had the files in for this test. I chose about 2000 files.

If I reduce the amount of files to around 250 or so, the error does not happen.

I am running windows 8.1 now, but can confirm that this happens for me with windows 7 as well. I don't know about vista or xp.

Thanks,

Tommy