PRoCon

UGCC is an affordable web based control panel for controlling game servers. Works on Windows/Linux/BSDs.
BriDawg

PRoCon

Post by BriDawg »

Although this is meant for actual game servers,

has anyone used this to try and manage procon layers via PRoCon.Service.exe??
Masher
Site Admin

Re: PRoCon

Post by Masher »

Not sure why it wouldn't work. The panel should work with any executable.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
BriDawg

Post by BriDawg »

Well, for the life of me I am just not able to get it to start PRoCon.exe....

I've tried it without arguments, with -console argument. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I see others in the forum have been able to do it.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I don't know much about prorcon, but if you can provide your settings for the executable tab I'll be happy to try and help.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
BriDawg

Post by BriDawg »

Do you guys have a TS or anything you hangout on?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

No.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

I might be able to help but I haven't ran Procon in a long time.
We had one running for ourselves and rented them out some time ago.

First off, do you have .Net 3.5 installed on your Windows server?

While I am waiting for an answer, I will try and setup one up on my server, but I might need some info from you for your gameserver because you can't setup connect from your desktop Procon to your hosted Procon on the server unless the server Procon is running and connected to a gameserver.
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

Just a couple things to check first are:

1) Make sure .Net 3.5 is installed on the server.
2) After installing Procon on the server, run it by clicking in Procon.exe through remote desktop.
3) After clicking it, you get a pop up "Open File - Security Warning". Unclick the box "Always ask before opening file". This will prevent Procon from starting through the control panel when your ready to use it.
4) Setup the connection to your game server and connect. Once your connected, disconnect, and your going to reconnect, but make sure to select autoconnect. You have to have autoconnect enabled so that when you start Procon with the control panel, it will start and automatically connect to the gameserver.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Thanks for the notes. Is there a documentation page for procon?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

Ok so I have done the above, and I installed the Procon files in a "Procon" folder.
I then set the "Working Directory" to "C:\<your path>\Procon (Change your path to where your Procon folder is)
I then set the "Server Executable" to "C:\<your path>\Procon\PRoCon.exe" (Change your path to where your Procon executable is)

Save and start.
You should see it on and if your open the task manager on the server, you should also see it is running.

To setup your connection for your desktop Procon to connect to your server Procon, you have to make sure Procon is stopped in the control panel, and open procon through remote desktop to the server and setup your connection info there. Then test your desktop procon and see if it will connect. Once it's all setup and connecting, close the procon on the server and start it again from the control panel. Shortly after you can connect from your desktop procon to your server procon.

One problem you want to avoid is using Procon auto update. When procon auto updates, the old procon task still kept running and the updated version began to run also which caused 2 procons to run and your desktop procon wouldn't connect to the server procon. I don't think they ever fixed that even though many complained about it.
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

They have instructions for and stuff on their forum, but for setting it us to use with control panels, not much. It's not really something they are interested in. They leave those issues to the game server providers to figure out.