Remote Monitor Issues

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
r4z0r

Remote Monitor Issues

Post by r4z0r »

Hi,

I'm having a real struggle trying to set up the remote monitor, it may be to do with licensing, but I thought I'd check in here to see what I'm doing wrong.

My set up is as follows:

Windows Server 2012 R2 Core, running Hyper-V which is supporting 2 VM's.

VM 1 is running the UGCC Web Server and a local monitor to control the locally running game servers (all works perfect).

VM 2 is running another game server (migrated from VM 1) and I now wish to remote monitor / control this server using the Web server on VM 1.

On VM 2 I've set the mySQL configuration, ports, remote mode etc, UGCCMON appears to start up then shuts down. I'm not sure where the licensing is picked up from for the monitor so I'm assuming that may be my problem.

My questions are:

Do I need to purchase an additional license for this remote monitor as I am already running one locally (on VM 1) with the UGCC Web Server ?
As I don't have the usual EzUGCC folder on VM 2 (as I have only installed standalone monitor), what path is the licencing for the activated from?
Is there another guide available around installing the remote monitor as the quick guide in the forums is not very detailed?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Paul.
soupcan

Re: Remote Monitor Issues

Post by soupcan »

I'm not masher, but here's one I can actually help with, so going huge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You need a license for all additional monitors. When you try to start the monitor without a license, it'll generate a request file at the specified license location (according to ugccmon.cfg)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Soupcan is correct, you'll need a license for the monitor to start.

The monitor loads it configuration from c:\windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg. Reviewing this file will show you were you can expect to find the logs and license request file the monitor creates (*.licrm).
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
r4z0r

Post by r4z0r »

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just so I'm clear, I have to purchase an additional full UGCC license in order to run the 2nd (remote) monitor with the original licensed UGCC web server?

Or is there a separate component license just for an additional monitor?

Cheers,

Paul.
r4z0r

Post by r4z0r »

Actually, scrap that last post - I looked at the product page and worked that out for myself. I wish I'd bought 2 licenses to begin with and got the discount, Doh!

OK, I've installed the license and the service starts and hangs (but doesn't shut down now) and I still can't get it to connect to the web server so I still must be doing something wrong. I've opened the query and sql ports on the firewall.

My config is below, anything that you can see that's obviously wrong?

//!!!!This config file is ONLY read from c:\windows\system32 on windows and the same folder as executable on linux.
//Windows users--only use notepad/wordpad on 64 bit Operating systems to edit this file!!!
//PLEASE NOTE: The // is not a real comment, the line immediately following the [setting] is used regardless
//whether it's prefixed with // or not

//Database Engine type to use--valid options are mysql or sqlite
//sqlite uses a db3 file, while mysql uses MySQL
//Use the same database the panel uses
[DBEngine]
mysql

//Database configuration string
//Make sure this points to the same DB the panel uses!!!!!!
//Example for MySQL:
//Database=ugcc;Data Source=localhost;Port=3306;User Id=root;Password=pw
//Example for sqlite
//Data Source=c:\program files\ugcc\ugcc.db3
[DBConfig]
Database=UGCC;Data Source=(Internal IP of VM 1 where SQL is);Port=3306;User Id=root;Password=(MySQLPassword)

(Line above is the same as the local monitor except I've replaced 'localhost' with the VM internal IP.

//Where to save log file
[LogConfig]
c:\Program Files\UGCCMon

//Where to find the license file
[License]
C:\Program Files\UGCC

//How often to check that the servers are running
//You can use .25 for 15 second interval, .5 for 30 second interval, specify whole minutes otherwise
[ServerCheck]

//How long to pause between starting servers when the monitor starts (i.e. during reboot)
//Enter a whole value in seconds
[FirstBootPause]

//Enable integrated FTP Server? (True/False)
[FTP]
False

//Listen port for FTP Server.
//Default port is 21
[FTPPort]

//Mininum port number for integrated ftp server to use for passive mode data channel
[FTPDataMinPort]

//Maxinum port number for integrated ftp server to use for passive mode data channel
[FTPDataMaxPort]

//Enable HiResTimer? aka fps boosting
//Only works on windows
[HiResTimer]
True

//Email Payment reminders?
//This only needs to be enabled for one monitor on the system
[PayReminders]
False

//Send a copy of emails to bcc address?
//This setting will send a blind carbon copy of all restart notifications emails sent by the monitor.
[BccEmails]
False

//Enable remote/slave mode? This is requried if web portion of UGCC doesn't run on this computer.
//If set to False the rest of the settings below don't matter
[Remote]
True

//Port to listen on
[Port]

//Shared Secret
[Secret]
(shared word on both monitors)

//This is the ID number associated with this computer's server definition within UGCC
//Very important that this is set correctly if Remote mode is enabled
[ID]
3 (This is ID configured in Server Defs of the panel)
soupcan

Post by soupcan »

In my experience, the monitor hanging on start is because of issues accessing the MySQL server. Make sure your user is able to log in from the monitor's IP address. The default root account in MySQL can only log in from the local host iirc. You should also check the ugcc log and event viewer for more information.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yep, the log file is your friend.

Soupcan is probably right about it not being to access the MySQL server. You'll have to make sure whichever mysql account user you're using has permissions to access the database from the remote IP address. More info: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/programm ... -any-host/
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
r4z0r

Post by r4z0r »

Thank you for your help :) All up and running now.

Sorry I'm a MySQL n00b, that all makes a lot more sense now! :)