Red Orchestra 2 UGCC query issue?

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Reason

Red Orchestra 2 UGCC query issue?

Post by Reason »

So I have [Red Orchestra 2] installed using SteamCMD [AND] working when I use my batch file to start it up.

Everything works great from the batch file. Here is my install info:
Game Server & Batch file directory:
D:\Servers\ro2\RO2Server.bat
Game Server .exe directory & .exe name:
D:\Servers\ro2\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe
Batch File Content(Password & IP are of course changed for this thread post):
start .\Binaries\win32\rogame TE-CampaignStart?minplayers=40?maxplayers=64?adminpassword=password -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=555.555.555.555 -port=28020 -steamport=28021

Now, Everything runs great except the strangest thing happens when I run the server through UGCC... All the A.I. spawns in with me in the freshly started server but they proceed to run forever in to walls as if the server is timing out? I'm able to move around and fire but unable to jump.

Here are my UGCC settings:
Server type: Red Orchestra 2
Working directory: D:\Servers\ro2\Binaries\Win32
Server executable: D:\Servers\ro2\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe
Hidden command line arguments +: TE-CampaignStart?minplayers=40?maxplayers=64?adminpassword=password -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=555.555.555.555 -port=28020 -steamport=28021
Query address: 555.555.555.555
Game server port: 28020
Query port: 28021

So I'm assuming it's something to do with the Query Port or am I completely off base?
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Red Orchestra 2 UGCC query issue?

Post by Masher »

That is odd. Maybe try setting your working directory to d:\servers\ro2. Does that help?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Reason

Post by Reason »

These the changes I've tested but no dice thus far.
- Changed working directory to [D:\Servers\ro2] .. No fix
- Changed launch command line to include first portion of bat file [start .\Binaries\win32\rogame] as well as [start rogame] ... no fix

I have the following settings checked on all other game servers and they work great but any of these be causing an issue(?):
- Restart on crash and at system startup ... Checked
- Alert users on crash ... Checked
- Enable advanced monitoring ... Checked
- Run update after server crash/halt ... Unchecked
- Prevent crash loops ... Checked
- Server startup time ... 0
- Enable automatic restarts ... Checked (5:00am)
- Server shutdown minimum players count ... 1

This is so bizarre and aggravating :lol:
Aggravating because every time it's one of 3 different results regardless of UGCC settings (which is bizarre), so one of these 3 things occurs and never in a specific order:
- Connect to the server and see the class selection screen but can't click continue
- Connect and continue ok but AI proceed to run in to walls and I can't jump but can fire occasionally
- Connect and continue ok but no AI loads in at all?

Which leaves me scratching my head with a WTF look on my face :|
I'm sorry to bother you with this but the game works perfect outside of UGCC and I would really like to include in the web panel.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

That's an oddity. Have you looked through the game server's logs?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Reason

Post by Reason »

I have read through 3 log files:
D:\Servers\ro2\Binaries\Win32\logs\connection_log_28020.txt
D:\Servers\ro2\ROGame\Logs\Launch.log
D:\Servers\ro2\ROGame\Logs\Launch-backup-2015.05.30-04.35.49.log

None indicate anything wrong from what I can tell but I can include the log files in pastebin or something if you would like to see?
This game is the only application we have issues with in UGCC and everything else runs perfect.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

If you start the game through the broker, does it work as expected?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Reason

Post by Reason »

Masher wrote:If you start the game through the broker, does it work as expected?
The RO2 game server is running perfect outside of UGCC using the games batch file to launch it and there are 9 players playing in it currently with 30 bots. It only has issues when in UGCC? :cry:
Just to clarify, you mean the batch file as the broker right? semantics :P
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yes, I understand it works fine outside of the panel.

No, I don't mean the batch file. Please try running the game server with UGCC through the broker. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1043
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Wizz

Post by Wizz »

Hello

I see that you have -port=28020

Your port setting is wrong. The port for RO2 is 7777 not 28020. Do not confuse "Port" and "Query" port. They are totally different and used in a totally different ways within the game.
[XGS] Wizz
XGS - Xcaliber Gaming Syndicate
http://xcaliber.synology.me
Reason

Post by Reason »

Masher wrote:Please try running the game server with UGCC through the broker. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1043
The issue was whenever I had either (or both) "Enable advanced monitoring" and "Prevent crash loops" checked under the "Monitoring" tab, the AI would spazz out then the server would freeze. By unchecking both of those options but leaving "Restart on crash and at system startup" I was able to stop the issue.

However, I still see "No response" under the "Info" column in the server list? In the game.ini (D:\Servers\ro2\ROGame\Config\) I've had the port set to 28020 and peerport to 28021 which works in terms of gameplay but does not display the number of connected players in the info column. Here is the command line:
TE-CampaignStart?minplayers=60?maxplayers=64?adminpassword=***** -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -port=28020 -QueryPort=28021 -steamport=28023
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Enable advanced monitoring requires the query information to be correctly set and working in the panel for it to work. Since you're not seeing the information in the panel for connected users, current map, etc. it's simply not set correctly. Because of this the panel would restart the server after x failed queries. So that makes total sense.

Try using the steamport value from your commandline (28023) as the query port value in the panel. If the panel then shows information in the info column you can re-enable advanced querying if you wish.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Reason

Post by Reason »

Replacing the old 28021 query port with the steam port in the query field worked! Thank you Masher