Call of duty waw

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
mcg_nl

Call of duty waw

Post by mcg_nl »

Hi,

I am busy installing the panel and monitor service on my machines. (windows 2k3)
So far so good, most games are working like it expected. thumbs up!!

But with cod5 i seem to have a problem. It starts CoDWaWmp.exe like it should be, but seems that it wont start the server, ie wont start the config etc etc. (loggings from the server also wont start)

I had this problem with firedeamon to, my work around was starting it like the administrator.

Is there a workaround in UGCC as well, or an option in in the panel, or is there some windows setting i overlooked.
In windows i already checked:

Account privileges
Disable visual themes.
Run in compatibility mode.

But none seems to work for me.

The server starts normal with a shortcut when i login with remote desktop. So config and game install are good to.

Can you advise me.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Call of duty waw

Post by Masher »

I've found with WaW that that the panel/monitor needs to be ran from a user account. If you change the service settings for the monitor and www app-pool to run as administrator, it works fine. I'm looking into finding a fix for this.

If you need help with changing the accounts, let me know which os you are running.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I just patched cod:waw to the latest, and it started up fine for me with the following commandline:

Code: Select all

+set dedicated 2 +set sv_maxclients 10 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate 
I'm running Windows 7 and the panel and monitor are running as the SYSTEM user.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
mcg_nl

Post by mcg_nl »

Masher wrote:I've found with WaW that that the panel/monitor needs to be ran from a user account. If you change the service settings for the monitor and www app-pool to run as administrator, it works fine. I'm looking into finding a fix for this.

If you need help with changing the accounts, let me know which os you are running.
I am using windows 2003 r2, how can i change that the monitor runs from a user account.
I found MonService.cfg and changed the user there, but where need that file to be located.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Go into control panel-->administrative tools-->services

Look for ugccmon, right click-->properties.

Log on Tab, and set the username/password of the account you want it to run as. Also be sure to restart the service while you are there so it operates as the new user.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!