Monitors Always Showing Servers As Down

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
nightcss

Monitors Always Showing Servers As Down

Post by nightcss »

Hello,

I am trying out UGCC with demo licenses I just obtained, and I am having a frustrating issue.

Setup:
Ubuntu 10.04 server/desktop (issue applies to both)

Issue:
The monitor keeps starting new instances of my servers. I find this in the log:
Server dead (server), attempt to restart...SUCCESS

Every minute it will start a new server. I am using the pid file option, and I noticed the process ID in the pid file changes almost every time I look at it.

Command Line:
-game cstrike +maxplayers 14 +fps_max 0 -autoupdate -pidfile /steam/orangebox/pid.pid

Pid File:
/steam/orangebox/pid.pid

Any help would be great. I want to get this set up and working before I commit to purchasing any licenses.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Monitors Always Showing Servers As Down

Post by Masher »

Are you starting the server by calling the executable directly or the running the shell script of the game server? I'd recommend calling the executable directly.

Pleae reference
SRCDS/Orangebox section: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=149
LD_LIBRARY_PATH section: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=147

Turn off monitoring and advanced monitoring. Start the game server, does it stay up? Can you join it ok? If not the game server is not running. You can use the capture console output admin tool in the admin menu to trouble shoot why it's not starting after referencing the above two posts. Be sure you logout and log back in for the environment settings to take effect.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
nightcss

Re: Monitors Always Showing Servers As Down

Post by nightcss »

Thanks I got it all working!