Hi, need help with IIS7 please...

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
pete

Hi, need help with IIS7 please...

Post by pete »

Hi, I am having trouble setting up UGCC v1.37 on my Windows 2008 R2 Standard x64.

I followed the official installation guides here (link), as well as the included QuickStart.pdf, but I couldn't get IIS7 to work (to display .aspx that is).

Since my main issue is with the IIS7, I first sought for help on the official IIS forum (under the name "B1"):
- http://forums.iis.net/t/1174465.aspx

I have just installed IIS7 on a vanilla Win 2008, for UGCC, so the settings of IIS7 are as defaults.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Hi, need help with IIS7 please...

Post by Masher »

Set the customerror setting to off as it suggests to do in the error message. You should then get a valid error message. Chances are asp.net/iis are setup correctly. You can also look in event viewer for error messages related to asp.net/ugcc/etc.

Start with this and we'll go from there.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you for your reply.

1)
Again, my IIS7 setup:
- added IIS7 to Win 2008

- added "my_public_html\" in "C:\inetpub\", and edited user permissions.

- added my website (My site) to IIS7.

- copied contents of "WWWPanel-x64\" & "Configs\Web.config", to "C:\inetpub\my_public_html\".

- added "ASP" role through "Turn Windows features on or off".

- IIS7 panel --> Application Pools --> (My site) --> Advanced Settings --> Enable 32-Bit = Yes.
2)
I got the following:

3)
Does the above mean that I have to set the "UGCC\" folder as an application? Or I have to configure a virtual directory?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yes, you have to set UGCC's folder as an application.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
pete

Post by pete »

Hi again,

1)
I have set the UGCC\ folder as an application, and now got this:

I believe it would be OK after I have finished setting up MySQL...

2)
This one isn't really UGCC related, but I would like to get some advice.

I am going to use MySQL for UGCC, and want to install phpMyAdmin for managing MySQL. Therefore I need to install PHP, but not sure whether to use the package from Microsoft, or the one from PHP.net:
Thanks.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

IF you still get that error when switch to MySQL, just copy the system.data.sqlite.dll from the www-panel-x64/bin folder of the deploy.zip you downloaded.

I always use the software from php.net, but whichever works for you.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I just used this tutorial for upgrading php on my IIS server. Thought it was pretty thorough and worked.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis7.php
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
pete

Post by pete »

1)
Thanks for the link to the PHP tutorial. :)

2)
Back to my installation:
- my "UGCC\" is "WWWPanel-x64\"
- I have set in "Web.config", to use MySQL, and have filled the database info.
I now got this issue:

(How come I got complaint for SQLite, when I have set it to use MySQL? :lol:)

3)
I do see "System.Data.SQLite.DLL" in "UGCC\bin\" (again, I renamed "WWWPanel-x64\" to "UGCC\"), and where should I copy it to?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

1.) No problem.

2.) Because the panel expects it regardless of what database it's using.

3.) Did you turn on 32 bit mode only for ugcc and IIS? If so you'll need the system.dat.sqlite.dll from the wwwpanel/bin folder, other wise use the wwwpanel-x64\bin file and place it in your /bin folder of you UGCC install. Or disable the 32 bit only option and use the dll from the wwwpanel-x64/bin folder.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
pete

Post by pete »

Masher wrote: 3.) Did you turn on 32 bit mode only for ugcc and IIS? If so you'll need the system.dat.sqlite.dll from the wwwpanel/bin folder, other wise use the wwwpanel-x64\bin file and place it in your /bin folder of you UGCC install. Or disable the 32 bit only option and use the dll from the wwwpanel-x64/bin folder.
Yes, for my site #1 only, as:
IIS Manager --> (My site #1) --> Application Pools --> Enable 32-Bit Applications = True
-----------------------------------------------

I have replaced all files in UGCC\, with wwwpanel\. Now I can log in, but encounter new issues...

4)
Within UGCC, I tried to make a license request, and got the following error:
Error accessing license file: Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\(My site #1)\UGCC\logs\(My computer name).licr' is denied.
It would be OK if I gave "IIS_IUSRS" full control of the UGCC\ folder. Just want to confirm that is what I should do.

5)
I tried to edit the header & footer, and UGCC said it couldn't find the "Header.inc", because:
C:\inetpub\(My site #1)\Header.inc // UGCC was looking for...

C:\inetpub\(My site #1)\UGCC\Header.inc // Correct path.
Please tell me how to fix it. :)
Last edited by pete on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

4.) It'd be wise to move the location where ugcc saves it's logs and license related stuff outside of your web hosting area. Technically anyone could then download your logs. I'd recommend putting them some where else like c:\ugcc or c:\program files\ugcc. There there'd be no real issue for giving iusr full access to that path.

5.) Will look into why that is behaving.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I think this should fix your header/footer editing page. Just overwrite the existing files in your ugcc/bin folder with the files in the executable.

http://www.brainless.us/dls/ugcchdr.rar

Let me know.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
pete

Post by pete »

Hello,

Just want to mention, the default banner isn't showing, before & after I replaced with those two files that you provided:

I replaced with those two files that you provided, and I could get into the editing section, but:

The editor wasn't there.

I then tried to change the banner, to use an image on ImageShack.us, and got the following after I saved the change:
Server Error in '/UGCC' Application.
Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\(My site #1)\UGCC\Header.inc' is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\(My site #1)\UGCC\Header.inc' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
* Edit:
The above "Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\(My site #1)\UGCC\Header.inc' is denied." issue is OK now. I modified to give the IIS_IUsr full control of the UGCC\ folder, instead of just the defaults (Read & execute, List folder contents, Read).

Still no that (Java applet) editor though.

Also, when I tried it with IE, I saw:

so I checked it, and got:
Last edited by pete on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You need to give the account write access to the header.inc, footer.inc, and login.txt files.

Will lookinto the other issues.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Ok, this should fix the editor problems. You probably weren't seeing the editor any where in the panel.

http://www.brainless.us/dls/ugccedit.rar

Thanks again for your bug reports!
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!