27k files found on server but only 12k in profile

Redirect Server Checker for the Source Engine (CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, HL2MP, etc)--formerly CSRSC
Big_Cowboy

27k files found on server but only 12k in profile

Post by Big_Cowboy »

For TF2. That seems way off. The first file it started to copy looked like a brick floor texture. Am I missing something? The only thing non-standard should be 3 .bsp files.

On a side note, in case I cant get SourceRSC working, how do you use bzip by its self to compress before FTPing to the redirect location? I don't see a GUI when I launch BZip2.exe . Is it command line?

Thanks!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

My guess would be that you aren't pointing SourceRSC at the correct location. It should pointed at the root of the gamemod (ie. orangebox\tf)

And yes, bzip2 is command line based
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Big_Cowboy

Post by Big_Cowboy »

Ok, I changed my server path in SourceRSC.ini to /tf/209.247.83.30:27015/orangebox/tf which appeared to be correct because it copied 4 files. I check my web server and in /tf/maps/ I see ctf_mach2.bsp.bz2

I edit my server.ini with the following lines:

sv_allowdownload "1"
// allow files to be downloaded from the server. 0 is off 1 is on
sv_downloadurl "http://wildwestwarfare.clanservers.com/tf"
//redirect download location

I restart the server.

I connect to the server with a client that does not have that map and I get disconnected with a message: missing maps maps/ctf_mach2.bsp

I also tried sv_downloadurl "http://wildwestwarfare.clanservers.com/tf/"
//redirect download location
(Added the slash at the end)

I think I'm close but I'm still missing something.
Big_Cowboy

Post by Big_Cowboy »

After much testing I found the problem. I'm sure its something people with web server experience would know but it is all new to me.

This path worked: http://www.wildwestwarfare.clanservers.com/tf" and I was able to use the ctf_mach2.bsp.bz2 compressed file. The actual path on my web server where I created the folders was / public_html / tf / maps / . Lesson of the day - put it in public_html but don't put public_html in yout redirect path.

So I changed the following path in my SourceRSC.ini path, tested, end everything is working:
//The root folder of your redirect, must be prefixed with / ie. /redir. Leave blank for root
[Redir-FTPPath]
/public_html/tf

Great product once I figured it out. Thanks to the developers who put this together.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Cool, glad to see you got it working.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!